PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING OF THE OFFICE OF THE PROJECT DIRECTOR, ITDP, DHEMAJI.
1. The ITDP office at Dhemaji was set up in 1978 under the control of Director, WPT & BC, Assam, Ghy.-6. The Department of ITDP is responsible for co-ordination and control of Tribal Sub-Plan areas of Dhemaji Dist. and the main objective of the Tribal Sub-Plan (TSP) is all round development of Schedule Tribe (Plain) in the Dist. At the Dist. Level there is a Project Director, the post is held by a senior grade Assam Civil Service Officer in the rank of Addl. Deputy Commissioner and a Project Implementation Committee (PIC) which consists of some non-official tribal members and it is headed by one non-official member as Chairman.
The Main Functions of PIC are :
a) To approve the list of beneficiaries, areas and Institutions to be benefitted under TSP Schemes.
b) To oversee and review implementation of Schemes within the concern TSP area.
2. Public Service Delivered by the Office :
a) Issue of TSP Certificate and Population Certificate.
3. Organization Structure :
a) The Project Director, ITDP : Sri Ankur Bharali, ACS.
b) The Head Assistant Cum-Accountant : Sri Ram Ch. Pegu.
c) Sr. Assistant : Smt. Leena Kumari Doley.
d) Jr. Assistant : Sri Karneswar Daw.
e) Office Peon : Sri Nirmal Sonowal.
f) Office Peon : Smt. Arati Doley.
g) Placed Worker : Sri Pradip Hazarika
4. Location of Office and Address :
ITDP Complex : Near DC Bunglow, Ward No.-3,
PO & Dist. : Dhemaji, PIN- 787057 (Assam).
5. List of Employees :
a) Sri Ankur Bharali, ACS. Project Dirctor,ITDP,Dhemaji, Contact No.7002505105
b) Sri Ram Ch. Pegu, Sr. Assistant cum-Accountant, Contact No. 9954368578
c) Smt. Leena Kumari Doley,Sr. Asstant, Contact No. 8876306982
d) Sri Karneswar Daw, Jr, Assistant, Contact No. 8136034989
e) Sri Nirmal Sonowal, Office Peon, Contact No. 7638807288
f) Smt. Arati Doley, Office Peon, Contact No. 8473877789
g) Sri Pradip Hazarika, Placed Worker, Contact No. 9957939365
6. Scheme Details (Under the control of WPT & BC, Assam, Ghy.-6) :
The ITDP Office basically implemented the Schemes as -
a) Family Oriented Income Generating Scheme (FOIGS) for ST.
b) Grants under Article 275(1), Constitution of India.
c) SCA to TSP.
d) Vocational Training Centre.
Location: Rupnath Brahma High Schhool, Railway Station, P.O. Aradhal,
Trades : Stenography(E), Carpentry, Plumber, Cutting & Tailoring and
Embroidery & Needle Work.
Selection Procedure of the Trainees as follows :
1. Local MLA - Chairman of the Selection Committee.
2. The Project Director, ITDP, Dhemaji – Secretary of the Selection Committee.
3. The Head Master, Rupath Brahma High School, Dhemaji – Member of
the Selection Committee..
4. The District Employment Exchange Officer – Member of the Selection Committee.
5. The The Supeintendent, ITI, Dhemaji – Member of the Selection Committee.
6. The Chairman, PIC, ITDP, Dhemaji – Member of the Selection Committee.