How do I apply for Caste Certificate (SC)?
Caste Certificate (SC) is a citizen-centric e-District service; citizen can apply for Caste Certificate (SC) through any of the following ways-
- Visiting state service delivery portal www.assam.gov.in
- Visiting Public Felicitation Centres available at DC Office Dhemaji, SDO (Civil) Jonai, Revenue Circle Office Dhemaji/Gogamukh/Sissiborgaon/Jonai
- Visiting Common Service Centres available throughout the district
Citizens are required to submit the following supporting documents along with theCaste Certificate (SC) application form-
- Scan copy of application form
- One passport size photograph of the applicant
- Permanent resident certificate or any other proof of residency Caste certificate of parents or any supporting proof of caste status
- Affidavit by the applicant or parents in lieu of (c)
- Report of Gaonburah in case of rural areas/ Ward Commissioner in case of urban areas
- (Recommendation of the Gaonburah / Ward Commissioner may be skipped if the parents of the applicant has already been issued SC Caste certificate)
- Recommendation of President/Secretary of District President of Anuhushit Jati Parishad / Chairman of Scheduled Caste Development Board / President / Secretary of the Apex body of caste organizations authorized by Govt. as the case may be
- Copy of Legacy data as per NRC 1951,electoral role between 1966 & 1971
The Caste Certificate (SC)is duly signed digitally and can be verified online at https://edistrict.assam.gov.in.